How to secure the Sensory Belt?
1) Make sure the strap on the belt is pulled through the plastic slide to ensure the strap is secured.
2) Make sure the side release buckle (CLICKS) to secure the belt around your child’s waist.
3) Securely fasten the belt around your child's waist by adjusting the strap.
How to adjust the strap on the Sensory Belt?
1) Hold the male end (three prong side) of the belt with your left hand. (Right hand if you are left handed.)
2) Pull the rectangular plastic slide away from the male end of the belt to allow for slack in the strap.
3) With the extra slack you will be able to pull the strap through the middle of the rectangular slide.
4) Reverse the sequence to extend the strap of the belt.
How to wear the Sensory Belt?
Align the center point (Silver STAR) of the belt, or center of the weight pouches, with your child's belly button or as instructed by your therapist/physician. Some children prefer the weight of the belt centered around the back.
How long should my child wear the Sensory Belt?
The belt may be worn for 15 to 30 minutes up to 4 times a day or as long as your child feels comfortable. Make sure your child has occasional breaks from wearing the belt.
Secure the belt firmly, but not too tight.
Share your experience with your therapist/physician.
Keep the belt in your child's room so they become familiar with the belt.
The belt can be used as a lap pad while sitting or eating.
The belt can be worn underneath your child's clothing.
Sensory Belt™ (SB101) Infant (Parents, Teachers, & Therapists)
One pound belt for infants & children weighing 15-25 lbs with a waist size between 14"- 24".
Sensory Belt™ (SB202) Toddler (Parents, Teachers, & Therapists)
Two pound belt for children weighing 25-45 lbs with a waist size between 16"- 26".
Sensory Belt™ (SB303) Small (Parents, Teachers, & Therapists)
Three pound belt for children weighing 45-75 lbs with a waist size between 18"- 28”.
Sensory Belt™ (SB404) Medium (Parents, Teachers, & Therapists)
Four pound belt for children, teens & adults weighing 75-125 lbs with a waist size between 26"- 36".
Sensory Belt™ (SB505) Large (Parents, Teachers, & Therapists)
Five pound belt for teens & adults weighing 125-175 lbs with a waist size between 30"- 40".
Sensory Belt™ (SB606) X-Large (Parents, Teachers, & Therapists)
Six pound belt for teens & adults weighing 175 lbs+ with a waist size between 34"- 44".
CARE OF THE BELT:
Use a damp wash cloth to clean the belt.
Make sure to use the proper belt model for weight and size.
Before beginning any therapy program consult a therapist or physician.
Children under the age of 18 should use the belt with adult supervision.
Do not use the belt in or around bodies of water such as tubs or swimming pools.
Do not place the belt in a washing machine or dryer.
Do not use or store the belt near heat or flames.
Do not puncture the weight pouches.
Use belt only as directed.